Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Techie Tuesday: Google Research Tool

Our district migrated over to Google Apps for Education and I am loving every minute of it. I have made the personal switch to creating all of my lessons using Google Slides instead of PowerPoint and using Google classroom to share with my students. This week we have been exploring the Google research tool feature. Let me explain this tool in all its glory.

In order to use this feature, you must be in Google Docs or Google Slides.
I had my students conduct mini biographical sketches using the Research tool to answer the who, what, where, when, and why about a famous leader in history.
Their favorite part was learning how to use the insert link and cite buttons to build footnotes with the resources they used for this mini research.
You can also use the add-on Easy Bib Citation Creator (in Google Docs) to insert a bibliography into any Google Doc...I wish I had this when I went to school.

Click here for your own copy of the Leader Exploration Google Doc. You can make your own copy to use with your class.

Other tools for citation generators are listed below:
1. EasyBib
Also available as a google add-on and extension.

2. Cite this for Me
Also available as a google extension.

3. BibMe


No comments:

Post a Comment