Monday, September 14, 2015

International Dot Day: September 15th

International Dot Day is tomorrow and I am celebrating one of my favorite books in my library...The Dot by Peter Reynolds. This is a story of a little girl named Vashti who does not see her hidden talents. It takes the inspirational nudge of a teacher to inspire Vashti to make her mark on the world. I love the message this story sends our kiddos. It tells them that they can make a difference. They can make a mark on the world. This inspirational story reminds us all that we have the power to make this world a little better...a little brighter. We can make a mark for the positive. I have created a pack to celebrate this year with your students including display signs, bookmarks, and mini biographical sketch activity.

Click here to view this companion pack in my store. 

Below are some resources to help you celebrate International Dot Day. The Dot is also available on tumblebooks and is a wonderful read aloud. I have also included a great youtube video to play below.

Resources:




No comments:

Post a Comment