Friday, March 6, 2015

FREEBIE Friday: Writing with a Substitute

Friday is finally here….and you know what that means----FREEBIE! I am excited to share something that will help make your sub plans take a little less time to write in a pinch. These two writing activities can be used at any time and helps get kids writing and reading. First, "Where is my teacher?"- Students creatively craft a story about the adventures their teacher could be having when not at school. I must admit, these can be hilarious to read! The second writing activity is "Extra! Extra! Read All About It!" Students will independently read during class for 20-30 minutes and then work on a response about their reading that day. These can help add an hour + to your sub plans (perfect for those days you are truly sick and have to put together plans on the spot!)

Enjoy! Let me know what you think. If you get any fun responses about where you were when you are gone, please share. :) Click the button below to download from my store.





Also try my creative writing with a substitute pack. Click to view in my TpT store. This is filled with 5 + template pages with options to print with primary or intermediate lined paper. There is also a template to draw your own shapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment